Monday, January 4, 2010

First day of school

Will had an OK first day at the Montessori school...I stayed with him for about 30 minutes and then left him until right after lunch (about an hour and 1/2). His teacher said he enjoyed the work in the classroom, however he refused to eat his lunch. So by the time we got home he had fallen asleep in the car but when we got home he started asking to eat. Then took a little bit of a nap. Tomorrow he will be dropped off at our "normal" time, and stay until noon when I get off. The teacher actually comes to the car and gets him out, so we'll see how he reacts to a stranger taking him out of the car. He was supposed to be there the rest of the week all day, however on a separate and sadder note, my dear grandmother was taken off life support today. I haven't talked to my mom in the last few hours, but last I heard she was off all the machines and given some pain medicine and was resting peacefully. I feel very at peace with the decision, she did not want to be kept alive that way (and made if very clear on more than one occasion). So, depending on when we have the funeral, more than likely he won't go to school the rest of the week and we'll start all over on Monday with the adjustment period.

Here is a picture of my wonderful grandmother, a couple of days before she went to the hospital...
Here is a picture of Will in his cute little uniform...
Tomorrow it's back to work for the first time in 5 days...oh how I've enjoyed my time with my little man!


No comments: