Sunday, January 3, 2010

New year, new to blogging.

I'll give you a little background to myself for this first post. I married my husband on July 7th, 2007 and it was a beautiful day! We got pregnant with our first baby about 3 months after we got married. We had been together for about 5 years before we were married. I knew from the very beginning we were having a boy, or maybe it was wishful thinking, however my wish was granted our first would be a boy! I had gestational diabetes, but it was never really a problem except I had to give up my beloved Dr. Pepper. I also had high blood pressure during my last trimester and was put on partial bed rest in June I believe, I can't really remember. That helped, my doctor decided to induce me on my due date, July 19,2008 because of the diabetes and my blood pressure. We got to the hospital at 6 A.M. and by 8 the Pitocin was going. I was at a 10 by noon or so, the doctor came in and I pushed for about an hour. However, the baby did not drop down and I couldn't push correctly because I had no feeling (I had a wonderful epidural). My doctor let me rest for about an hour to see if the baby would come down some more, which he didn't. During that last hour his heart rate would drop slightly so my doctor opted for a c-section. I was really nervous about the surgery, my husband and my mom were able to into the operating room with me and at 3:05 P.M my beautiful baby boy was born, weighing in at 7lbs 1oz, and 20 inches long. He was perfect, after the doctor ran my hubby and mom off to the nursery with the baby, she told me she had found a cyst on my ovary but she thought she could save the ovary. So, after another hour of so of surgery and about the time my family left for the nursery the epidural/anesthesia started wearing off and it was a long painful hour. I spent 4 days in the hospital recovering, I was very anemic after the surgery. My little boy was a little stubborn about being born the natural way, but my doctor said I would have had to have the surgery within 6 months anyway so it worked out for the better. Oh, I guess you're probably wondering why my blog is called Strong Willed, well...my little boy is named William Thomas and I guess we picked a fitting name because he is definitely strong willed. Even before I had him, my first ultrasound pictures at 12 weeks along he would turn so the tech could get better pictures of his spine, I felt like I was doing flips on the table, he eventually turned but only for a moment, the ultrasound to find out what he was at 22 weeks along he wouldn't cooperate (he eventually spread his legs but only long enough to snap one quick picture to confirm we were having a boy). Now that he's here, he didn't like to eat and made it well known, now he's a little older (18 months old) and he laughs at my failed attempts to discipline. So here I am, I will share with you my trials and triumphs as I try to raise a strong willed little boy that happens to be one of the loves of my life! Thanks for joining me on this journey.